The mission of Sidney City Schools, a regional education leader meeting the needs of all students, is to provide a superior education and to ensure that all students realize their maximum potential. This is achieved by providing:
- innovative technology
- safe, healthy and nurturing learning environments
- exceptionally qualified staff
- respect for, and accommodations of, differing learning styles and needs
- diverse learning opportunities
- successful practices in education
- community involvement that encompasses all facets of education
Sidney City Schools strive to educate all students to achieve academic excellence, be responsible citizens, and become prepared for further education and productive employment.
District Goals for the 2013-2014 School Year, as adopted by the Board of Education at the August 19, 2013 school board meeting:
- Pass a school levy to provided the needed resources to replace the expiring 9.9 mill property tax levy and the expired .8 mill permanent improvement levy.
- Successful implementation of the Ohio Teacher Evaluation System (OTES) and the Ohio Principal Evaluation System (OPES).
- Address areas of weakness on the Ohio School Report Card for Sidney City Schools.
- Maintain financial stability for Sidney City Schools.