SIDNEY MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
April 23, 2018
Hot dog sandwich
Fresh fruit variety
High Today: 67
Low Today: 50
1. School fees need to be paid in the office.
2. Any 8th grade students interested in taking Health or PE over the summer to get your credits for high school should see Ms. Geise for a registration form. Deadline to register is June 1.
3. All 6th, 7th, and 8th graders who will want to do a sport next year sometime should pick up a flyer in the office for Sports Physical Day on Wednesday, April 25! Flyers are in the office and physicals are good for one year. They are also only $15 on Sports Physical Day!
4. All 8th graders interested in attending the Community Teen Law Enforcement Workshop should see Mrs. Davis for an application and a brochure. The workshop runs from June 4-June 6 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and it's free. The application deadline is May 1. Topics to be taught include use of force, crime scene investigation, crash reconstruction, K9 operations, and much more. You will also take a tour of the local police department and the jail. This is an amazing opportunity for those considering careers in law enforcement or those who just want to find out about their community police department.
5. Congratulations to the top three classrooms who brought in the most food for Agape: Ms. Phlipot's, Mr. Golden's, and Mrs. Barnes' classroom. Thanks to ALL who brought in canned goods.
6. Attention athletes! The new 2018-2019 physical forms are in the office now! You must pick one for Wednesday's Physical Night and if your physical is going to expire before fall sports start.
7. Breakfast Club is Wednesday at 7 a.m. in room 612.
8. The softball team defeated Northmont 11-1. The baseball team fell to Piqua 4-8.
9. Good luck to the track team, the baseball team, and the softball team tonight. The Sidney Track Invitational starts at 4:30; the baseball team hosts Tippecanoe at 5:00; and the softball team heads to Northmont for a 5:00 game.
The doors open at 7:30. All students must be in their seats by 7:40 a.m.
Tuesday, April 24 -Testing - Gr 5/6 ELA Part 1
Thursday, April 26 - Testing - Gr 5/6 ELA Part 2
Friday, April 27 - Mid-terms go home
Tuesday, May 1 - Gr 8 Math/Algebra Part 1
Wednesday, May 2 - Gr 5/6 Math Part 1
Thursday, May 3 - Gr 8 Math/Algebra Part 2
Friday, May 4 - Gr 5/6 Math Part 2
Monday, May 7 - Gr 7 Math Part 1
Tuesday, May 8 - Gr 5, Gr 8 Science Part 1
Wednesday, May 9 - Gr 7 Math Part 2
Thursday, May 10 - Gr 5, Gr 8 Science Part 2
Friday, May 18 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal
Thursday, May 24 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal, Students' Last Day
Saturday, May 26 - Graduation