SIDNEY MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
January 17, 2019
Grilled chicken sandwich
Conditions: 1-3" snow
High Today: 34
Low Today: 29
yesterday - Mrs. T. Scully
today- Tristan Blizzard, Evan King, Aiden Mathews
1. School fees can be paid in the office.
2. Yearbook orders can be dropped off in the office. Deadline is February 15.
3. Lost and found can be picked up outside the office on the table in the lobby. Lunch bags left behind can be found in the auditeria hanging on the wall.
4. The lost and found table is in the front lobby so stop by and look for any items that you're missing--lunch boxes, jackets, books, bookbags. Smaller items are kept in the office. Please ask.
5. Students, if you are exiting the building from the bus side and walking through to SHS you must leave the snow posts alone. Pulling them out of the ground and breaking them constitutes school property vandalism and you will be held accountable. Those are safety markers for wintertime for your safety.
6. No hats or hoodies may be worn covering your head during the school day. This can become a discipline if your teacher has to tell you to pull down your hoodie or remove your hat during the day.
7. All 8th grade boys interested in playing high school soccer next fall should plan to start attending winter weightlifting beginning Monday, February 4. Report to the SHS weight room from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Coach Fridley invites you to come and find out more about the program. You can also pick up a training calendar from Mrs. Davis in room 815.
8. The K of C is hosting the annual free throw basketball contest this Sunday, January 20. Stop in the office and pick up a registration form. This is for both boys and girls between the ages of 9-14.
9. Academia is cancelled for today.
10. The 7th grade girls' basketball team lost to Fairborn; the 8th grade won.
11. T3 today! T3 is an after-school program for anyone who needs assistance with homework or school work. Teachers will be there to help you. If there's anything you don't understand from class bring it to T3. You do not have to sign up ahead of time. Just make arrangements with your parents so they know you will be in T3 from 2:30-3:30. T3 is every Tuesday and Thursday fro the remainder of the school year. This is free help to get your grades up and help you understand the concepts being taught in class. Anyone can attend T3.
12. Good luck to the boys' basketball team as they travel to Northmont today
The doors open at 7:30. All students must be in their seats by 7:40 a.m.
January 21- NO SCHOOL - MLK Day
January 25 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
January 30 - 5th gr to Ross Historical Society
January 31 - Early Dismissal at 1:55 p.m.
January 31 - Parent-Teacher Conferences 3:30-7:00 p.m.
January 31 - Mid-Terms Handed Out at Conferences
February 1 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
Febrary 1 - Parent-Teacher Conferences 7:30-11:00 a.m.
February 18 - NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
March 15 - End of 3rd nine weeks
March 18 - 4th nine weeks begins
March 18 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
March 22 - Report Cards Go Home with Students
March 25-29 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
April 18 - Mid-terms Go Home with Students
April 19 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
May 17 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
May 24 - End of 4th nine weeks
May 24 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal
May 24 - Last Student Day
May 25 - Graduation