SIDNEY MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
October 18, 2018
Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza
Pizza Hut cheese pizza
Mini rice krispie treat
High Today: 52
Low Today: 35
Thursday - Wyatt Clark, Ja'nai Saylor
Friday - Rocelyn Cathcart, Xander Keller
Saturday - Brady Hagan
Sunday - Desiree Howard, Donnivyn Bonnoront, Alex Frohna, Autumn Hall, Donovian Jones
1. School fees can be paid in the office.
2. Yearbook orders can be dropped off in the office.
3. Lost and found can be picked up outside the office on the table in the lobby. Lunch bags left behind can be found in the auditeria hanging on the wall.
4. Academia's first after-school meeting will be Thursday, October 25. Academia is a Jeopardy-style team competition to see how much you know about such subjects as literature, fine arts, science, history, religion, philosophy, mythology, social science, math, current events, geography, and pop culture. If you want to test your knowledge, plan to join Academia.
5. Girls and boys basketball open gyms for today are cancelled due to conferences. The 7th and 8th graders must have a physical on file to try out for the basketball team.
6. Picture retake packets are available in the office. Picture retakes are Thursday, October 25. You only need a packet if you are buying pictures for the first time this year. If you are getting your picture retaken, you only need to return your old packet and get a new picture taken for the same package.
7. The Student Council is hosting the Halloween Dance next Friday, October 26, after school until 4:00 in the small gym. All grades 5th-8th are invited. Tickets will be on sale before and after school all next week. Tickets are $4.00 Monday-Thursday and $5.00 on Friday. There will be a DJ and cookies & punch. Also don't forget to dress in your favorite school-appropriate costume. There will be a costume contest with cash awards for the top 4 finishers! And please arrange your ride to pick you up promptly at 4:00 on Friday. One last reminder about dances: all school rules apply for dances. No cell phones or electronic devices permitted in the dance.
8. Book Fair starts today in the library! The book fair runs through Friday, October 26.
9. The lost and found table will be cleared tonight so stop by and look for any items that you're missing--lunch boxes, jackets, books, bookbags. Smaller items are kept in the office. Please ask.
10. The 7th grade football team lost 24-26 last night.
11. Football tickets for the home game will be sold after school instead of Friday this week. There is no school Friday due to conferences.
The doors open at 7:30. All students must be in their seats by 7:40 a.m.
October 18 - Early Dismissal at 1:55 p.m.
October 18 - Parent-Teacher Conferences 3:30-7:00 p.m.
October 19 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
October 19 - Parent-Teacher Conferences 7:30-11:00 a.m.
October 25 - Picture Re-take Day
October 26 - Halloween Dance 2:30-4:00 p.m.
November 16 - Mid-terms Go Home with Students
November 21-23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
December 6 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal
December 19 - End of 2nd nine weeks
December 20-January 2 - Christimas Break
January 3 - Return to School
January 7 - Report Cards Go Home with Students
January 21- NO SCHOOL - MLK Day
January 25 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
January 31 - Early Dismissal at 1:55 p.m.
January 31 - Parent-Teacher Conferences 3:30-7:00 p.m.
January 31 - Mid-Terms Handed Out at Conferences
February 1 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
Febrary 1 - Parent-Teacher Conferences 7:30-11:00 a.m.
February 18 - NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
March 15 - End of 3rd nine weeks
March 18 - 4th nine weeks begins
March 18 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
March 22 - Report Cards Go Home with Students
March 25-29 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
April 18 - Mid-terms Go Home with Students
April 19 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
May 17 - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
May 24 - End of 4th nine weeks
May 24 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal
May 24 - Last Student Day
May 25 - Graduation