SIDNEY MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
January 22, 2018
Toasted cheese sandwich
Fresh fruit variety
High Today: 55
Low Today: 37
1. 1. School fees need to be paid in the office.
2. Yearbook order forms can be turned in to the office. It's crunch time! There are less than two weeks left to accept orders. All yearbooks are $20. Order forms are available in the office or on the yearbook bulletin board. Deadline to order is February 2.
3. If you are a 6th, 7th, or 8th grader interested in attending a Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or Medicine (STEMM) Camp this summer at Wright State University, pick up a flyer in the office.
4. Thursday, January 25, the counselors at SHS will host 8th graders and parents for 2 meetings during parent-teacher conferences--a scheduling meeting and a College Credit Plus meeting. The CCP meeting will be from 5:00-5:45 and the scheduling presentation will be begin at 6:00.
5. Student Council is hosting a Project Purple Spirit Week this week.
Monday - Purple socks day
Tuesday - Purple shirt day
Wednesday - Purple accessory day
Thursday - Purple-Out
Friday - Free 7th-8th Gr Dance from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
6. Breakfast Club meets Wednesday at 7 a.m. in room 612.
7. Battle of the Books meets Wednesday after school from 2:30-3:00. Be ready to battle! Have your rides arranged to pick you up at 3:00.
8. The 6th grade boys' basketball team defeated Piqua Saturday 41-12.
9. Good luck to the boys' basketball team as they host West Carrollton today.
The doors open at 7:30. All students must be in their seats by 7:40 a.m.
Monday, January 22 - Beginning of 3rd Nine Weeks
Tuesday, January 23 - 8th Gr Scheduling Mtg in a.m.
Thursday, January 25 - Half-hour Early Dismissal
Thursday, January 25 - Parent-teacher conferences 3:30-7:00 p.m.
Friday, January 26 - NO SCHOOL
Friday, January 26 - Parent-teacher conferences 7:30-11:00 a.m.
Friday, January 26 - Project Purple Dance 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 1-2 - 5th Gr to Ross Historical Museum
Friday, February 16 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal
Monday, February 19 - NO SCHOOL
Friday, February 23 - Mid-terms go home
Friday, March 2 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal
Friday, March 23 - End of 3rd Nine Weeks
Monday-Friday-March 26-30 - NO SCHOOL SPRING BREAK
Friday, April 6 - Report Cards go home
Monday, April 16 - Testing - Gr 7 ELA Part 1
Tuesday, April 17 - Testing - Gr 8 ELA Part 1
Wednesday, April 18 - Testing - Gr 7 ELA Part 2
Thursday, April 19 - Testing - Gr 8 ELA Part 2
Tuesday, April 24 -Testing - Gr 5/6 ELA Part 1
Thursday, April 26 - Testing - Gr 5/6 ELA Part 2
Friday, April 27 - Mid-terms go home
Tuesday, May 1 - Gr 8 Math/Algebra Part 1
Wednesday, May 2 - Gr 5/6 Math Part 1
Thursday, May 3 - Gr 8 Math/Algebra Part 2
Friday, May 4 - Gr 5/6 Math Part 2
Monday, May 7 - Gr 7 Math Part 1
Tuesday, May 8 - Gr 5, Gr 8 Science Part 1
Wednesday, May 9 - Gr 7 Math Part 2
Thursday, May 10 - Gr 5, Gr 8 Science Part 2
Friday, May 18 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal
Thursday, May 24 - 2-Hr Early Dismissal, Students' Last Day
Saturday, May 26 - Graduation