8:15am Breakfast begins*
8:25am Doors open to students; supervision by school personnel beings
8:35am Breakfast stops being served
8:40am Breakfast ends (must leave cafeteria to be in class on time)
8:45am Tardy Bell (Day begins for all students)**
3:05pm Kindergarten students will be dismissed out of the front door of the building (If your child rides on a daycare or YMCA bus they will remain in the classroom with a teacher)
3:10pm Students in grades 1-5 who walk to school will be dismissed. Also, students in grades 1-5 who have a brother or sister in kindergarten will be dismissed
3:15pm All students in grades 1-5 who are picked up are dismissed**
*Only those eating breakfast will be permitted in the building at this time.
**Bell will ring
Parking/Parking Lot Concerns
Student safety is a top priority at Whittier Elementary School. By following a few simple rules when dropping off or picking up your child from school you will ensure safety for all of our students.
- Please do not park and exit your vehicle on Belmont Street in front of the school during arrival (8:15-8:45am) and dismissal (3:15-3:30pm). This area is designated for dropping off and picking up students.
- Never allow your child to cross Belmont or Broadway streets unattended. Please walk your child onto and off of school grounds using the designated crosswalk at the intersection of the two streets.
- If you arrive early to pick up your child, please do not block private property driveways on Belmont or surrounding streets.
- Please do not pull into the school parking lot on the east side of the building when there are cones across the entrance. During dismissal students will be exiting the building into the parking lot and walking around to the front of the building.
- Please do not pull into the bus lot near the playground or block the entrance and exit.
- Please do not double park on Belmont Street. This is a city street that must remain open at all times. Also, please do not allow your child to exit the vehicle in the street. Your child should exit the vehicle only after you pull up to the sidewalk.
- Always be vigilant while driving in the area of Whittier before and after school.