The 2017 graduation ceremony will take place Saturday, May 27, 2017, at Sidney Memorial Stadium. Special music will begin at 10:00am, the processional will begin at approximately 10:20am, and the formal ceremony will begin at 10:30am.
Family, friends, and members of the community are invited to attend the ceremony. Tickets are not required for the outdoor ceremony; however, should the ceremony be moved indoors due to inclement weather, seating is limited to those with tickets only.
Should inclement weather arise and the ceremony be moved indoors, the ceremony will take place in the Sidney High School Gymnasium. An announcement will be made on TAM 105.5 FM and a message will be sent out to all graduates via School Messenger.
Some special notes about graduation day:
- We ask family and friends to show respect for all of the graduates by remaining in the bleachers during the ceremony.
- The handicap seating area is reserved for those with special needs - it is not an area for photographers.
- Parents are NOT permitted on the field during graduation ceremony to take pictures. You will have an opportunity to take photos after the ceremony with your child and his/her friends.
- Smoking is not permitted in the bleachers. The designated smoking area at the stadium is located at the south end near the field house/driveway.
- LifeTouch will photograph the diploma presentation. Order forms will be given to seniors during graduation practice on May 25 at 9:00am. LifeTouch will collect those forms from the seniors before the graduation ceremony on May 27. Do not return forms to the office.