The Sidney High School Athletic 200 Club plays a big part in providing for the entire Sidney City Schools Athletic Department. The 200 Club was formed in 1990 to help fund the construction of a new weight room at Sidney High School and is still going strong thanks to the Sidney community. Since that time, the club has worked with the Athletic Department, head coaches, and individual sports booster groups to donate over $200,000 in equipment and has awarded $60,000 in scholarships to over 100 female and male senior athletes. The 200 Club has purchased items for each of the following sports:
- Basketball: breakaway rims, shoot-around machine, press box in Sidney High School gym, the scoreboard at Sidney Middle School
- Baseball/Softball: portable sliding pit, pitching machine, dugouts and infield sod at Sidney High School fields, scoreboard, brick dust, PA system
- Football: blocking sleds, weight room equipment, power racks
- Golf: umbrella, bags
- Soccer: new game goals, portable goals, training equipment
- Track/Field: long jump pit, portable timer clock, portable shelter tent, pole vault pit
- Volleyball: standards, training equipment
- Wrestling: mat reconditioning, new mat
- All Sports: numerous video equipment items
All purchases made are supplemental in request. These items are not budgeted for by the Sidney High School Athletic Department.
The Athletic 200 Club awards Four (4) $500.00 scholarships each year. Athletes whose parent or guardian is a current member of the Sidney High School Athletic 200 Club are eligible. Forms are available in the Sidney High School Athletic Department, or by downloading here.
200 Club Scholarship Application
Membership & Details
Your $100.00 membership contribution is extremely important in continuing the 200 Club and supporting ALL Sidney High School athletic programs. Membership includes the following:
- Nine (9) monthly drawings of $50.00 each
- Year-end drawings – One (1) $250.00 winner; Five (5) $100.00 winners
- The 200 Club sponsors two parties for members who are paid in full and their spouse or guest. They are:
- End of Season Party - Held at the Sidney Moose Lodge (1200 Broadway Avenue) immediately following the last home football game. We will have hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, chili, and beverages.
- End of Year Party - held in March or April. At this celebration, we will announce the scholarship winners for the current year and have our final year-end drawings.
Download the membership application.
Please complete the form and return it with your payment to:
c/o Sidney High School Athletic 200 Club
2165 Westminster Dr.
Sidney, Ohio 45365